28 October 2011

Weekly post number.. 5?




I'm not sure what kind of mood I'm in, but with as windy and crazy as it is outside, I can't help but play music and stare out into the madness. This last month my friend asked me to draw an Image of a dream she had. She described the dream to me and asked if I could draw it for her as a gift to her friend on her birthday. I happily agreed, and after a month of doodling, I finished it.

When making an image, its difficult when you make it with the intention of being for someone else. I guess I'm just normally a bit more selfish and make art for me. So it was intimidating. But this is what I came up with.

Luckily, this was the thank you letter I got the next day :)

"Thank you so much again Sky!! The cookies were delicious. Jack loved them too And Malory nearly cried when I gave her the gift. She loves it and it means so much to us both that you could capture the feeling I had in my dream and give me a chance to share that feeling with her (in a piece of art) for the rest of our lives She said "It's like I was there with you!"


That's always a really great feeling, thanks Melanie, much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment