09 January 2012

Ode to the Dance Floor

I've been going to festivals since I was 14. It started with Reggae on the River for 3 years, then Northwest Reggae the following. By the time I was living in Canada, I made it out to a magical place in Nelson called Shambhala. The Next year I went to 3 more festivals including Shambhala and Soundwave. I then was only able to make it to Soundwave the next year, and in 2011 I made it to none. It was a sad time, especially during the weekend of Basscoast. I spent the whole weekend in discontent looking up towards the Canadian mountains from my house on a hill with the feeling I wasn't where I was supposed to be. But as time passes all you can do is let it go.

Still, because of these many experiences, I will forever be changed. There is a whole universe to be discovered along the west coast of communities of people that come together on a selected weekend of the year. Since then, I've felt unconditional love.

There really is nothing else out there quite like it.


There is many people I know and love in this video, they are all more wonderful then you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment